Bismillah Hirahaman Niraheem
The Miracles of Prophet Muhammad(SWS) as in Summarized Al-Bukhari translated by Dr.Muhammad Muhsin Khan.
1) The Holy Quran is the living miracle bestowed by Allah upon Prophet Muhammad (SWS) and this, Allah’s book was revealed to him through the Ruh-ul-Qudus(Gabriel). Today 1400 years have passed and nobody has been able to change a single letter or produce its imitation, as it is said in the Quran[Surah Hijr,V 15:9] and the statement of the Prophet(SWS): “Before me, every Prophet was given a miracle and they practiced it during their lifetime: eg. Musa was given the stick, etc. and I have been given the permanent miracle of the Quran till the Hour is established, so I hope that my followers will be more in number than all the other Messengers’ as my miracle will last till the Day of Resurrection, and it is a Glorious Book; when anyone reads it, even if he is a pagan, etc., he is convinced that it is produced by none but by the Creator of the heavens and the earth.
2) The splitting of the moon:
Narrated Anas(RA) that the Makkans requested Allah’s Messenger(SWS) to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon. [Sahih Al-Bukhari,Vol. 4,Book 56, Hadith No.831]
3)The crying of the stem of the date-palm tree in the Prophet’s Mosque:
Narrated Ibn Umar(RA) that the Prophet(SWS) used to deliver his khutbah(religious talk) while leaning against a trunk of a date-palm tree. When he(SWS) had the pulpit made and used it instead, the trunk started crying and the Prophet(SWS) went to it, rubbing his hand over it(to stop its crying). [Sahih Al-Bukhari,Vol. 4,Book 56, Hadith No.783]
4) The flowing of water from among the fingers of Allah’s Messenger(SWS)
Narrated ‘Abdullah(RA): We used to consider miracles as Allah’s Blessings, but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah’s Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, “Bring the water remaining with you.” The people brought a utensil containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, “Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah.” I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah’s Apostle , and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him). [Sahih Al-Bukhari,Vol. 4,Book 56, Hadith No.779]
Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah(RA) : I was with the Prophet(SWS) and the time for the asr prayer became due. We had no water with us except a little which was put in a vessel and was brought to the Prophet(SWS). He(SWS) put his hand into it and spread out his fingers and then said, “Come along! Hurry up! All those who want to perform ablution. The blessing is from Allah.” I saw the water gushing out from his fingers. So the people performed the ablution and drank, and I tried to drink more of that water(beyond my thirst and capacity), for I knew that it was a blessing. The subnarrator said: I asked Jabir, “How many persons were you then?” He replied, “We were one thousand four hundred men.” (Salim said: “Jabir said – 1500) [Sahih Al-Bukhari,Vol.7,Book 69, Hadith No.543]
5) The Prophet’s(SWS) meals used to glorify Allah while he(SWS) ate, and this glorification was heard by the companions of the Prophet(SWS). [Sahih Al-Bukhari,Vol. 4,Hadith No.779]
6) Stones used to greet the Prophet(SWS) whenever he(SWS) passed by through the lanes of Makka.
7) The throwing out of a dead body of a Christian by the earth: Narrated Anas(RA): There was a Christian who embraced Islam and read Surah Al-Baqarah and Surah Aal-imran and he used to write the revelation for the Prophet(SWS). Later on he reverted to Christianity and used to say, “Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him.” Then Allah caused him to die and the people buried him but in the morning they found that the earth had thrown out his body. They said, “This is the deed of Muhammad(SWS) and his companions. They have opened the grave of our companion and took his body out because he ran away from them.” So they again dug the grave deeper for him, but in the morning they again found that the earth had thrown the body out. They said, This is the deed of Muhammad(SWS) and his companions.” So they dug a third grave for him as deep as they could, but in the morning they found that the earth had thrown the body out. Then they believed what had befallen him, was not done by mankind, and they had to leave the body on the ground. [Sahih Al-Bukhari,Vol. 4,Book 56, Hadith No.814]
8) The screening (shading) by the trees, for the Prophet(SWS) to answer the call of nature.
9) The rising of water in the well at Hudaibiya after it had dried.
Narrated Al-Bara(RA): We were one-thousand-and-four-hundred persons on the day of Al-Hudaibiya (Treaty), and (at) Al-Hudaibiya (there) was a well. We drew out its water not leaving even a single drop. The Prophet sat at the edge of the well and asked for some water with which he rinsed his mouth and then he threw it out into the well. We stayed for a short while and then drew water from the well and quenched our thirst, and even our riding animals drank water to their satisfaction. [Sahih Al-Bukhari,Vol. 4,Book 56, Hadith No.777]
10) The increase in the amount of datesin the garden of Jabir bin Abdullah after the Prophet(SWS) went round the heaps of dates and invoked Allah for HIS blessings.
Narrated Jabir(RA): My father had died in debt. So I came to the Prophet and said, “My father (died) leaving unpaid debts, and I have nothing except the yield of his date palms; and their yield for many years will not cover his debts. So please come with me, so that the creditors may not misbehave with me.” The Prophet went round one of the heaps of dates and invoked (Allah), and then did the same with another heap and sat on it and said, “Measure (for them).” He paid them their rights and what remained was as much as had been paid to them. [Sahih Al-Bukhari,Vol. 4,Book 56, Hadith No.780]
11) Speaking of the wolf: It is also said that a wolf spoke to one of the Companions of the Prophet (SWS) near Al-Madinah as narrated in Musnad of Ahmad, Vol.3, Page 83, Musnad Abi Saeed Al-Khudri. Narrated Abi Saeed Al-Khudri(RA): (While a shepherd was amongst his sheep) suddenly a wolf attacked a sheep and took it away. The shepherd chased the wolf and took back the sheep. The wolf sat on its tail and addressed the sheep saying: “Be afraid of Allah, you hae taken the provision from me which Allah gave me.” The shepherd said: “What an amazing thing! A wolf sitting on its tail speaks to me in the language of a human being.” The wolf said: “Shall I tell you something more amazing than this? There is Muhammad (SWS)(the Messenger of Allah) in Yathrib (Al-Madinah) informing the people about the news of the past.” Then the shepherd proceeded (towards Al-Madinah) driving his sheep until he entered Al-Madina (city), cornered his sheep to one side and came to Allah’s Messenger (Muhammad) SWS and informed the whole story. Allah’s Messenger SWS ordered for the proclamation of a congregational prayer, then he SWS came out and asked the shepherd to inform the people (about his story) and he informed them. Allah’s Messenger(SWS) said: “He(the shepherd) has spoken the truth. By Him (Allah) in Whose Hands my soul is, the day of Resurrection will not be established till beasts of prey speak to the human beings, and the stick lash and the shoe-laces of a person speak to him and his thigh informs him about his family as to what happened to them after him.[ Musnad of Ahmad, Vol.3, Page 83, Musnad Abi Saeed Al-Khudri]
12) The Miraj: The Ascent of the Prophet (SWS) to the heavens.
Narrated Abu Dhar(RA): Allah’s Apostle said, “While I was at Mecca the roof of my house was opened and Gabriel descended, opened my chest, and washed it with Zam-zam water. Then he brought a golden tray full of wisdom and faith and having poured its contents into my chest, he closed it. Then he took my hand and ascended with me to the nearest heaven, when I reached the nearest heaven, Gabriel said to the gatekeeper of the heaven, ‘Open (the gate).’ The gatekeeper asked, ‘Who is it?’ Gabriel answered: ‘Gabriel.’ He asked, ‘Is there anyone with you?’ Gabriel replied, ‘Yes, Muhammad I is with me.’ He asked, ‘Has he been called?’ Gabriel said, ‘Yes.’ So the gate was opened and we went over the nearest heaven and there we saw a man sitting with some people on his right and some on his left. When he looked towards his right, he laughed and when he looked toward his left he wept. Then he said, ‘Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.’ I asked Gabriel, ‘Who is he?’ He replied, ‘He is Adam and the people on his right and left are the souls of his offspring. Those on his right are the people of Paradise and those on his left are the people of Hell and when he looks towards his right he laughs and when he looks towards his left he weeps.’
Then he ascended with me till he reached the second heaven and he (Gabriel) said to its gatekeeper, ‘Open (the gate).’ The gatekeeper said to him the same as the gatekeeper of the first heaven had said and he opened the gate. Anas said: “Abu Dhar added that the Prophet met Adam, Idris, Moses, Jesus and Abraham, he (Abu Dhar) did not mention on which heaven they were but he mentioned that he (the Prophet ) met Adarn on the nearest heaven and Abraham on the sixth heaven. Anas said, “When Gabriel along with the Prophet passed by Idris, the latter said, ‘Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.’ The Prophet asked, ‘Who is he?’ Gabriel replied, ‘He is Idris.” The Prophet added, “I passed by Moses and he said, ‘Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.’ I asked Gabriel, ‘Who is he?’ Gabriel replied, ‘He is Moses.’ Then I passed by Jesus and he said, ‘Welcome! O pious brother and pious Prophet.’ I asked, ‘Who is he?’ Gabriel replied, ‘He is Jesus.
Then I passed by Abraham and he said, ‘Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.’ I asked Gabriel, ‘Who is he?’ Gabriel replied, ‘He is Abraham. The Prophet added, ‘Then Gabriel ascended with me to a place where I heard the creaking of the pens.” Ibn Hazm and Anas bin Malik said: The Prophet said, “Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers when I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, ‘What has Allah enjoined on your followers?’ I replied, ‘He has enjoined fifty prayers on them.’ Moses said, ‘Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it.’ (So I went back to Allah and requested for reduction) and He reduced it to half. When I passed by Moses again and informed him about it, he said, ‘Go back to your Lord as your followers will not be able to bear it.’ So I returned to Allah and requested for further reduction and half of it was reduced. I again passed by Moses and he said to me: ‘Return to your Lord, for your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and He said, ‘These are five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word does not change.’ I returned to Moses and he told me to go back once again. I replied, ‘Now I feel shy of asking my Lord again.’ Then Gabriel took me till we ” reached Sidrat-il-Muntaha (Lote tree of; the utmost boundry) which was shrouded in colors, indescribable. Then I was admitted into Paradise where I found small (tents or) walls (made) of pearls and its earth was of musk.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari,Vol. 1,Book 8, Hadith No.345] and also in [Vol.5, Book 58, Hadith No.227]